Saturday, October 3, 2009

Little details adding to excitement

It's cold, it's raining, I'm preparing to watch a Premier League football match on television and -- finally -- I feel the excitement building for my upcoming trip to LONDON.
It has probably helped that I finished reading "BRICK LANE" by MONICA ALI.
The fine novel provides a different view of London life -- that of the immigrant seemingly stuck in a council estate.
Now, I have switched to reading "THE ROUGH GUIDE TO LONDON," which is full of intricate details of the capital.
Additionally, it has probably helped that I have been watching the two seasons of the original, British version of "THE OFFICE" on DVD the past few nights.
The series broke such ground, influencing film and television in the U.K. as well as here. It really is a quality TV show.
The football on television helps, too.
To sum up: Little life details are helping to build my anticipation for London.
Brilliant, innnit?

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with ya! Thursday night I watched Eastenders with the (downright bizarre) cameo appearance by London Mayor Boris Johnson. Then the next day, saw it mentioned on The Guardian. Squee! Just as if I were there! Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way? That $15 a month is so damn worth it!

    ReplyDelete