Monday, June 15, 2009

58 Chepstow Villas, London, W11 2QX

My sister INGER has paid a deposit on a flat for us when we visit LONDON at the end of this year.
The flat, at 58 CHEPSTOW VILLAS, LONDON, W11 2QX, is a pink Victorian building that wouldn't look out of place in my sister's city of residence, SAN FRANCISCO.
I have been studying the location on my London maps.
The flat is located in BAYSWATER, not far at all from PORTOBELLO ROAD.
I have also discovered:
1. The nearest tube station is NOTTING HILL GATE.
2. The nearest pub (according to the excellent Web site, FANCYAPINT) appears to be WALMER CASTLE, WESTBOURNE GROVE (home to Thai food, too).
3. The nearest football ground is LOFTUS ROAD (home of QUEENS PARK RANGERS) -- 2.3 miles. The nearest Premier League football ground is STAMFORD BRIDGE (home of CHELSEA) -- 3 miles.
I've got some more research to do, obviously, but at least I have the basics of pub and football covered!

3 comments:

  1. In your research, please find out the cost of tickets to professional soccer. Are they hard to get? Seems that every game on TV is played before a packed house. Then again, maybe TV shows only the big games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erik
    I was thinking the other day about how as kids we helped scrape together the money to go to Holland -- collecting bottles and having garage sales, etc. For my own part, I've started to collect all loose change in a jar specifically for the purpose of turning into a bit of spending money for the trip. Okay, beer money. It's for beer. Lots and lots of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, another fun fact? Further down on Portobello Road, on the way to the Tube, is a house that George Orwell once lived in. We can go and stare at the blue plaque.

    ReplyDelete