Friday, December 18, 2009

Spare us the gritters with a week and a day to go!

I leave for LONDON in a week and a day, so I am keeping my eye on a pair of forecasts for BOXING DAY.
Here,
ACCUWEATHER predicts "a morning flurry; otherwise, cold with low clouds."
I can live with that.
Across the pond,
THE WEATHER OUTLOOK suggests "an increasing risk of snowfall, especially in northern and eastern areas."
Ahh...
In case you haven't heard, heavy snow today has closed schools, slowed road travel and cancelled flights in portions of the U.K. Gatwick and Luton airports were both closed for periods, while Heathrow remained open but with about 70 cancelled flights.
A week and a day to go, and I am crossing fingers and toes -- please, no bad weather!
Spare us the
GRITTERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment